Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 And Life Goes ON: Daily Support
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 17 of 27, messages 161 to 170 of 267
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Monday, December 31, 2012 1:40 PM
Mary I'll send you a friend request for Rose on FB!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Sunday, January 06, 2013 7:53 PM
Oh, please let me vent for just a minute.  
I'm usually very upbeat and positive.  I'm the one wh lives by the motto that "it could be worse"

I had all my spawn here for at least a  week over Christmas...Carla and Matt were here for 2 weeks!  Matt left today headed back to Indiana, in preparation for his move to Chicago for his new job.  He just graduated from Perdue with his Ms in ME, and was slated to take a job close to home(east coast) and finally be close(physically) to his sibs(and us).  That job fell through at the lat minute, and he accepted a position in Chicago.

He is a kind and gentle soul and really likes being close to us and his brother and sis.  It was a huge deal for him to do his masters in IN, he doesn't love change like some adventuras folks,  and we didn't see him much during his work/study as it was a grueling schedule. 

Anyway I think I cried half the day today when he left.  I know that when they have to leave home for a job comittment, it is slim chances that they will move close to home again.  I so love all my kids (you all know how I feel about Carla), but my heart is so heavy.  I feel such a loss for my Matt and guilty for feeling so.  I live by the plan that "it could be worse" so I know that his success with grauating form a MS program and securing a great job should make me happy.  And I am happy, but I'm sad that I believe this will be the start of a permament move away from us. 
Yes, I'm being an idiot.... and I understand that.... but I Loved having him here for 2 weeks and will miss him terribly.
He's great company and has awonderful intellect and sense of humor.
On that note I'm headed to Chicago week after next to help him find and apartment and furnishings (everything from a bed to silverware).
  Thanks for letting me vent .  I AM grateful to have a loving, smart, successful son who is about to start a new Great Adventure.  Doesn't mean I'm not wiping away tears tonight....Maybe it's a bit of the holiday blues too:( :( 
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
JulieS

• Total Posts : 4392
  • Reward points : 5475
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Monday, January 07, 2013 12:58 AM
Sharon, I do so understand your pain and tears. It is such mixed feelings to be so proud of our children and their successes but also it is so painful to have them move away from "home." Our son has moved across the country from us and was raised to love his grandparents, and family...yet doesn't want us to visit for more than a couple of days...even though her parents come for weeks at a time......... It is so nice to be going to help him choose an apartment and to fill it with all he will need to be comfortable. Should be fun and then you can picture him in his apartment and with the things you have helped him to choose......I think all parents shed tears when their children grow up and when they move far away it is even worse. Sigh, the pain is awful and unrelenting...even when we are so proud of them. Hugs to you....You will have to let us know what he chooses for his apartment. :)
Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Monday, January 07, 2013 8:04 AM
Sharonma - Oh my dear, I know how much you adore your chlldren and i understand your tears.  But think of it, you've already scheduled your trip to Chicago!  And there will be many more trips to look forward to.....our kids may move away, but they can never "get" away from us (some of us at least :) 

There is something very satisfying and amazing about watching my kids from afar..... it gave me a chance to see them as 'people' and I love that.  

Hug
Elaine

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Monday, January 07, 2013 4:27 PM
Sharon my son is in Edinburgh in Scotland as is our only Grand child so can fully understand your feelings and loss about Matt. Ian too had an amazing job offer and all his friends even said he'd regret it if he didn't go, he did, and has managed to buy their first home, change their car and provide very well for his little family and I'm very proud of him but miss him still, its what Mothers do I think! ((((((hugs)))))
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Monday, January 07, 2013 5:15 PM
Sharon, I understand how you feel. When Karen was living in Thailand, I wondered if she'd ever come back. Now she's two hours away and that feels very close. I think what struck me most about what you said is how much you love being around your children and vice versa. That is the biggest and best gift--knowing that he's far away because of the job market and not because he doesn't want to be near you. Given his druthers, I'm sure he would have chosen to live near you and his siblings. Chicago is such a cool city with lots of beauty and so much to do, so I hope you'll go often and explore the city with Matt. xoxo
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
sharonma

Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Monday, January 07, 2013 8:27 PM
Thank you so much dear friends for your encouraging words.  Better today, but I know you understand about wanting to have your spawn near and dear. 
I would have been good in the "old days" when family lived in the same town and got together for Sunday dinner.
I will put Chicago on my visitation list along with Hoboken and State College, and "make the rounds" to see the kids.  And Chicago is at least as fun as NYC!!

node neg stage1 gr ll
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
scootersmom

• Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Monday, January 07, 2013 9:47 PM
Chicago is like NYC in the fact that it doesn't sleep that often.  When he gets his apartment, you'll have to let me know where and maybe during your visit(s) we'll try to meet in person.
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

JulieS

• Total Posts : 4392
  • Reward points : 5475
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Monday, January 07, 2013 9:50 PM
Sharon, I would have loved that as well...where the kids stayed in the same town they grew up in and shared dinners and ect....but at least now we can call, skype, and fly to visit. In some of the good old days there were no phone calls and sometimes letters took weeks to arrive....still so hard to not have them stop in for a nice chat...sigh....Hoping you can make the "rounds" whenever the mood strikes you..:+)
Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-
sharonma

Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Tuesday, January 08, 2013 9:06 AM
Tina,
Not sure how well you might know the city, but if you know of any neighborhoods to def stay away from, give me a head's up.
He will be working in the Westmont/Downers Grove area, but would prefer to live in the western part of the city.  I wanted him to look at Naperville, but he would like to be somwhere "hip", and convenient to the city.  I want him to be safe!
node neg stage1 gr ll
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 17 of 27, messages 161 to 170 of 267

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll