Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 And Life Goes ON: Daily Support
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 19 of 27, messages 181 to 190 of 267
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Friday, March 01, 2013 3:34 PM
Hi DJ, thanks for updating us and I was wondering how the first Taxol went, I'm glad it doesn't seem too rough for you and I didn't need any anti nausea meds while on it at all thankfully. I did find as the drug built up I became a little depressed but that may have simply been from the previous months of a/c treatment, good luck and really hope this one works well for you!! Btw be sure to ask for Emla cream for the port if you haven't already.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Friday, March 01, 2013 5:20 PM
DJ, I'm so glad to hear that treatment number one went well and no nausea, etc. Fingers crossed for you!! All my best wishes, Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Friday, March 01, 2013 11:04 PM
DJ,
I'msorry for your progression,and very much hope that when the taxol starts flowing thru the port-cath, that it will beat the beast back into submission. That you said you're doing OK, I will read as a positive sign. But, I know this new disease progression must be such a bitter pill to swallow.  It also just dawned on me that none of us is safe from the second (or third) coming, even those of us who started with a minimal stage I dx.

Are you looking forward to retirement, or is your work a source of joy and distraction for you?
I hope that you can find some joy in each day with you family and friends and that taxol will be your new BFF.

Gentle hugs

dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Saturday, March 02, 2013 7:25 AM
DJ - I'm happy to know first treatment went well.  I echo Sharonma's words.....I hate this disease....it can blindside us at any time - ugh!  Sending you big hugs.

Hug
Elaine

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Tricia Keegan

Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Saturday, March 02, 2013 9:19 AM
My nephews partner was dx a year after I was, did chemo/herceptin etc and then had a local recurrance a year after that with a mast and more chemo. I just heard from my brother who said she's been dx with liver and bone mets now and refusing more treatment, the consultant has given her 6-12 months at best, I so wish they would hurry up and find out what makes one person do well and another so badly:( I suppsoe when they do we'll have a cure!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Sunday, March 10, 2013 8:08 PM
Tricia,
I responded to your fb post about this, but know that im sorry for your nephew's partner, and hope she finds peace and undstanding in her decision.  Cancer is so cruel.
Xoxo
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Monday, March 11, 2013 7:26 AM
Tricia

I'm so sorry about your nephew's partner :(  I'm with you....what makes the difference in each of our bodies?  This is why, statistics, schmastictics....it's all a crapshoot.  

Hug
Elaine

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Tricia Keegan

Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Monday, March 11, 2013 3:54 PM
Thanks Elaine and Sharon and yes,its all a crapshoot Elaine, there's so much to BC and so many subtypes I sometimes wonder if we'll ever have a cure!
Carepage- survivortricia
DJ64

• Total Posts : 482
  • Reward points : 7635
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:55 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the concern.  Treatment 1, 2, and 3 went off ok.  Fatigue is the big problem this time around.  I never met Fatigue until I met this kind of Fatigue.  He makes me want to crawl in a hole.  At least there is very little nausea or vomiting, a little but very little.

DJ
"Prepared for the worst, hope for the best and, live each day to the hilt"

Stage IV  lungs, lining, ribs, left scapula and left clavicle - Used all the hormonal drugs - tamoxifen, arimidex,  , Faslodex 250 mg,  femara, , drug break using own estrogen (progression in 7 months), rebooted femara (progression on next scan) Faslodex 500 mg ended 18 1/2 years on hormonal therapies - 2013,  Taxol - 2014 now on Doxil. 
Tricia Keegan

Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:30 PM
I had that fatigue and can relate DJ!!! You have to rest and there is no other option. Tricia x
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 19 of 27, messages 181 to 190 of 267

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll