Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 And Life Goes ON: Daily Support
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627 > | Showing page 23 of 27, messages 221 to 230 of 267
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:21 PM
Such is life ladies and I hope Anna added to her garden as I think your daughter would love that Anna, if there is an afterlife she's there and not wanting to see you sad.......Ilene I'm so sorry for your loss and your famiy's too!!....also Elaine....I agree things that happen like this are always to be endured but make us stronger to handle other things like BC!!!:( Sending (((((hugs)))) to everyone mentioned this evening and those who are lurking too! xx
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:25 AM
Keeping you all in my thoughts.  I just cannot imagine the pain of losing a child.  Why indeed does pain and suffering exist in the world?  
Loving hugs xxxx
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
annette53160

• Total Posts : 591
  • Reward points : 8995
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:06 PM
Well ladies, looks as if I am a late bloomer with the chemo side effects.  Got cellulitis of left breast and foot neuropathy all in the same week.  Not to mention my blood work shows I am developing a nice case of anemia.  Life does go on and I have not missed one day of work.  Antibiotics cleared up the cellulites. The neuropathy feels better with this cream he prescribed and I am taking iron for my anemia.  All's well that ends well!
IDC October 2009
Lumpectomy x2 to get clear margins
Stage 2a Grade 3
1/11 nodes positive 
er+
4 DD A/C
12 Taxol
Radiation
Femara
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:08 PM
Oh Annette - does it every END?  But clearly you're taking care of it -- hope it goes smoothly from here.

Hug
Elaine

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:19 PM
Annette, I'm glad that you got control of these conditions quickly and are feeling better. I hope it stays that way! Take care.
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:32 AM
Annette,
Bad things in threes.  Now you are in the clear!!!!  Hope you are feeling better.  
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
Tricia Keegan

Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Wednesday, May 29, 2013 12:15 PM
Annette I'm so glad you got this early and treated it, there really is always something!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
Pat Patterson

• Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Sunday, June 02, 2013 8:13 AM
Annette, I got a cellulitis infection as well!  It was the sickest I have been in a very long time.  I had 103 fever and chills for almost three days, my poor half boob was scarlet red, and I had to cancel my trip to PA to meet Sharon and Elaine.  The fun just never ends...
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08
PopArtJeanee

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 50
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Sunday, June 02, 2013 2:38 PM
Hi there I am still in treatment and surviving. IBCstage3 her2+ (hormones neg) 2 tumors (23 cm and 5 cm originally) w lymph nodes. Rnd 5 chemo and tumors no longer feelable or seeable. (not been mri yet) chemo appears to have shrunk them away. 
Dr says will still have to have a full masectomy and radiation. My question is... if it is essentially gone, wouldn't having a masectomy remove any possibilities of anything being in there? It sounds like overkill to me to have to do radiation as well.  I have been burning from the inside out with chemo to the pt of peeling and blistering and having to have skin lanced and can only imagine how much I would burn if having rad everyday. Anyone able to shed some light on this for me. If this isn't the place to ask, forgive me, I am new and just signed up today, so let me know. Thanks
Jeanee
Tricia Keegan

Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Sunday, June 02, 2013 2:53 PM
Hi Jeanee, I'm sorry you had to join us but so pleased you appear to be having a great response so far to chemo, I don't understand why your skin is peeling and burning though as this shouldn't happen with chemo?? To answer your question though many Onc's are now going by new studies showing rads after a mast can really cut the risk of recurrance as they zap any stray cells there from surgery and its sadly still possible to recurr even after a mast. A lumpectomy may be possible too if you had considered that considering you've had so much shrinkage, I assume you're having Herceptin too?? I don't think any treatment you're having is overkill to be honest as both IBC and her2+ are so aggressive anyway it makes sense to treat them with everything you can. I also was her2+ and was glad I did all the treatment back in 2005 that was offered to me and I suspect you may be too one day, good luck! www.her2support.org
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627 > | Showing page 23 of 27, messages 221 to 230 of 267

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll