Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Stage iv?? This thread is for you!
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 10 of 13, messages 91 to 100 of 129
nikkiw1973

• Total Posts : 28
  • Reward points : 6410
Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Sunday, January 25, 2015 9:01 AM
Hello. I took a little break from all the bc sites for a bit during holidays. Checking back in to see how everyone is doing. Time has flown by. Coming up on 1 year since diagnosis in March. Still doing tamoxifen and herceptin. Getting zometa every four weeks. Just finished 10 sessions of radiation on my arm. Will do 10 on my spine and then 10 on my hip. I've had pain in both areas for quite a while. I am happy to report my tumor markers are down in the 200's. I give all praise and honor to God for this miracle. I am still able to work my two jobs and my son is coping much better. So glad to hear from you. Please keep in touch!
nikkiw1973

• Total Posts : 28
  • Reward points : 6410
Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Sunday, January 25, 2015 9:13 AM
Sorry. Meant for Jeanmac specifically, but also an update to everyone on my bc journey.
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Sunday, January 25, 2015 1:24 PM
Thanks for updating us Nikki and I'm so pleased you are doing so well!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Marcia Louise

• Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 3140
Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:08 PM
Hello there. I'm currently taking Anastrozole. I've been taking it for a little over 4 months now. After my round of Chemo all my eyebrows and eyelashes and even nose hair grew back. Now it seems I'm losing them again. My Dr. tells me there's only a very small chance of hair loss with this medication. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with it. Have a great day everyone.
Stage lV advanced BC. ER+/PR+/HER2-/ mets to nodes traveling up neck. Dx in April, 2014. Previously on Taxol. Currently taking Arimidex.
Tricia Keegan

Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:42 PM
Hi Marcia Louise and welcome,

I'm sorry for your diagnosis, I also took Arimidex (anastrozole) for eight years in total but think your eyebrow and lashes falling out is due to Taxol rather than that. When I did taxol my lashes and brows grew back a total of three times over the course of a year before they stayed for good.  It helps if you can do a "Look good feel better " programme which shows you how to make the most of your make up while this happens and most hospitals run them and you also get some freebie's too!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
Marcia Louise

Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Thursday, February 19, 2015 12:50 AM
Hi there. Thank you so much Tricia for the reply. I was worried that there was something I was doing wrong that was causing this. Can I ask if you also lost your hair on your head the second and third time as well? It's hard to believe that over 5 months after my last Chemo treatment it could still be causing this, also I do still have quite a bit of neuropathy and I believe this is from the Taxol as well. I'm still hoping this decreases some because the Dr. tells me that after a year what's left is most likely permanent. Thanks again. Have a great evening Tricia.
Stage lV advanced BC. ER+/PR+/HER2-/ mets to nodes traveling up neck. Dx in April, 2014. Previously on Taxol. Currently taking Arimidex.
Tricia Keegan

Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Thursday, February 19, 2015 4:08 AM
Hi Marcia,

No, glad to say my hair stayed put once it grew although it did come back curly and grey lol, the curls fell out after a year or so but I still have a bit of a kink in it all these years later. I hope the neuropathy clears up for you too as it did with me, if it doesn't there are meds you can take for it but they have side effects too so I'd hold on if you can.:)
Carepage- survivortricia
Marcia Louise

Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Thursday, February 19, 2015 11:36 AM
Hello Tricia,
I also had cancer 22 years ago and lost my hair then from chemo as well. It grew back super curly, I lost the curl after a few months but always had the slight wave/kink in it. It was never straight again like it was before. It seems curly this time too (it's still very short, so hard to see to what extent yet), and there's lots more grey than before it fell out. I just can't imagine why. Needless to say I'm embracing the grey this time, no more hair dye for me. Yes I'll hold off on meds for neuropathy. I don't know if I want to treat the side effects with more medications, not yet anyway. Thanks for your support Tricia. It means a lot to me. Have a good day.
Tricia Keegan

Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Thursday, February 19, 2015 2:25 PM
You're welcome Marcia, I'm so sorry and it must have come as a massive shock to be dx again after all that time, I admire your positivity and hope you can put this in the past for good very soon. I must admit I do still colour my hair and if I go to a new hair stylist they always think I've had a recent perm lol, I tell them last one was in the eighties but once I mention chemo they understand!
Carepage- survivortricia
lwallace

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 80
Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Friday, March 13, 2015 6:09 AM
Hi Michelle,  I too am recently do stage 4 metstatic hormone positive breast cancer. Had stage 3b breast cancer in one breast and 6 positive lymph nodes in 2010, had 20 wks of chemo and 6 weeks of radiation following a lumpectomy. Would love to talk more! Let me know if ur still active on this site and how ur doing. U can find my introduction under newcomers lwallace. Look forward to hearing from you.
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 10 of 13, messages 91 to 100 of 129

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll