Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Stage iv?? This thread is for you!
Change Page: << < ..111213 > | Showing page 11 of 13, messages 101 to 110 of 129
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13465
Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Friday, March 13, 2015 10:28 AM
Hi,

If you hover your curser over Marcia's name to the left where her avatar is you'll get a drop down menu giving you a choice of sending her a private message so you could contact her that way if she doesn't see your post here.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
tazeandrox12

• Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 555
Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Thursday, April 02, 2015 1:55 AM
Hello!!

I am not new to this site, just new to posting!

I was diagnosed 9/14 with Stage IV.    I was diagnosed 1/2007 with Stage I. I am soo interested in getting to know you and others in my position!  My cancer has metastised to my bones.
Tricia Keegan

Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Thursday, April 02, 2015 6:40 AM
Hi Bev, I'm so sorry for your dx, you sound very positive which I'm sure helps a lot. There are a few members here with mets to bones and doing well, I hope you have a great response to treatment and keep us posted.

Just a fyi, you may prefer to change your user name rather than post your personal e mail address, we often find its better to send someone a private message rather than type your e mail where anyone can see it.Pals

<message edited by Tricia Keegan on Thursday, April 02, 2015 6:41 AM>
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
tazeandrox12

Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Thursday, April 02, 2015 11:33 PM
Hi Tricia. Thanks so much for the info! Sooo, I' m trying to change my username but having a difficult time!! I' m not quite finding how to change username -- just password!!
<message edited by Tricia Keegan on Friday, April 03, 2015 5:59 AM>
Tricia Keegan

Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Friday, April 03, 2015 6:01 AM
Bev, I think you may need Komen admin to do this for you, will you send a pm or e mail to komenforums@komen.org   if you have any trouble or don't get a reply let me know and I'll contact them for you.
Carepage- survivortricia
tazeandrox12

Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Monday, April 06, 2015 11:28 PM
Tricia. Thank you so much for your help with this. I will do that and, hopefully I can successfully get on these boards and get to know everyone!
Tricia Keegan

Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Tuesday, April 07, 2015 4:29 AM
You're welcome and let me know if you don't get a reply but they should be able to sort it out for you.
Carepage- survivortricia
tazeandrox12

Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Friday, April 10, 2015 11:11 PM
Hi Tricia. -- I have tried to change my username but not getting a response. I do need to change that but what I've done is not working. It allows me to change password but not username
Tricia Keegan

Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Saturday, April 11, 2015 9:32 AM
I think the admin in Komen are the only one's that can do this for you, will you try sending an e mail to the address in the above message and ask them?  It'll be Monday before they respond though as there's no one in the office over the weekend.

P.S  I've e mailed Komen admin for you and they will be in touch to help you next week!
<message edited by Tricia Keegan on Saturday, April 11, 2015 5:06 PM>
Carepage- survivortricia
Sasha0124

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 50
Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Friday, May 08, 2015 4:40 PM
Hi everyone! I am new to this website and forum. My 62 year old mom was just diagnosed with triple negative metastatic breast cancer. She had a <2cm primary tumor (right breast at 7 o'clock) and 20 lymph nodes under her arm removed (only 3 were positive for cancer cells). The pathology report from the surgery indicated that lymph vascular invasion was present. Her cancer was considered grade 2 from the core biopsy report, but is now grade 3 from the surgery report. Since the surgery, she has had a CT scan & bone scan of her body (head CT upcoming). The oncologist told us that a spot was found on her L4 pedicle that had a high uptake, which makes them suspect it's metastasized cancer from the breast. She has no physical symptoms of this (ie. no pain). Therefore, she has been diagnosed with Stage IV metastatic breast cancer - without treatment she has maybe 1 year, with treatment maybe 2-3 years as the cancer is extremely aggressive. The oncologist felt that it had been present for less than a year before it was caught. My question is - how likely is it that the spot found in the CT/bone scan on her L4 pedicle is breast-to-bone cancer? My understanding is that bone mets don't usually show up for a good length of time from the initial diagnosis and breast cancer tends to invade the visceral organs first. And if the cancer is, in fact, that aggressive, shouldn't we expect to see more mets in more than one spot right now? Thank you in advance for your time
Change Page: << < ..111213 > | Showing page 11 of 13, messages 101 to 110 of 129

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll