Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Stage iv?? This thread is for you!
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 6 of 13, messages 51 to 60 of 129
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13515
Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Monday, May 05, 2014 12:26 PM
Hi Robyn and Nikkiw,

Sad to welcome you ladies here but glad you found us and wish you both a great response to treatment with few if any side effects and I hope you'll both keep us posted.

Nikki, I also was highly triple positive and Herceptin was a miracle drug for me and many others and I'm sure you'll do well on it, you can find out more and chat to other long term survivors of her2 cancer here www.her2support.org 

Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
nikkiw1973

• Total Posts : 28
  • Reward points : 6410
Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Monday, May 05, 2014 3:28 PM
Thank you Tricia.  Will check out the site.
nikkiw1973

Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Monday, May 05, 2014 3:36 PM
I am a bit concerned about the side effects of perception, mainly heart problems and lung issues. Has anyone had any bad reactions to it?
Tricia Keegan

Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Monday, May 05, 2014 3:47 PM
Nikki, No need for concern as they'll do heart echo's or Mugga tests every three months, if there's any low fraction in the heart noticed below a certain level they stop the treatment for a few months as any damage will repair itself. Believe me you DO want this drug and many have actually got back into remission just from this alone without chemo, if you google Dr Denis Slamon you'll get more info and also at www.herceptin.com
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
nikkiw1973

Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Friday, May 09, 2014 9:18 AM
Thanks Tricia. Just realized computer auto corrected herceptin and made it perception. I had my first infusion of herceptin yesterday. Debated about getting it all weekend long, but decided to forge ahead. Not feeling bad. Little tired, but overall ok. Will be getting infusions every 3weeks for at least a year. 
<message edited by nikkiw1973 on Friday, May 09, 2014 9:25 AM>
Tricia Keegan

Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Friday, May 09, 2014 1:11 PM
Thats what I had too Nikki, unlike a chemo this only targets the actual cancer cells so in general the side effects are very mild too.
Carepage- survivortricia
jeanmac

• Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 3155
Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:43 PM
Dear Nikkiw I am so sorry to hear of your stage 4 breast cancer. I am someone who can relate. I, too, have been diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer, so I know the feeling of fear and of disbelief! I was at first thought to be probably stage 2, because of the size of the lump. But a pre-op chest x-ray showed a lesion on my vertebrae, and after a bone scan and biopsy...yes, stage 4 with mets to spine. I have had a lot of anxiety and yes, feel depression creeping in sometimes. I began radiation last week for pain in my spine. I am due for more scans in July. I began Herceptin, Arimidex, and X-geva on April 18. So far no real side effects, other than hot flashes, they say Arimidex can cause those, but I was already having those because of menopause. This came out of the blue!!!I'm sure every woman who gets this diagnosis says this. I feel for you, but you are not alone. I have 2 adult children, it was very hard telling them. I do thank the Lord that they are grown, on their own, and happy. I just want to be able to enjoy grandchildren some day, and I will keep praying for that, and living one day at a time. Please, send me a private message if you want to, or just a reply to this message. My heart goes out to you. This site is very encouraging, it has helped me a lot. I try to focus on the fact that more and more drugs are being discovered all the time for breast cancer! Love and hugs to you! Love, Jeanmac
TrishTheDish

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 55
Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:02 PM
Hi all you other members of the very exclusive Stage 4 club :-) Very nice to meet you! I'm 35 and was diagnosed in February at 34 with Stage 4 Breast Cancer.... Well originally I was diagnosed with Stage 2 but a breast MRI revealed what looked like a spot on my liver and my sternum and a PET scan confirmed that not only was there a spot, there were several spots. My liver was about fifty percent covered in lesions (I insisted on seeing the actual disk of the PET scan so I could see just how many "multiple" lesions were) and I have spots on my sternum, hip and pubic bones. Original plan was chemo, surgery and radiation but this Stage 4 nonsense derailed original plan and I am in chemo limbo LOL I have one more treatment to go and then I will be re-PET scanned and we will decide how to go forward. I am HER2 positive and ER positive. Before we realized I was Stage 4, we decided to do genetic testing (which I would still do) and we actually tested for six genes including the BRCA genes. None of those genes showed a mutation so I just get to be weird :-) I am taking a cocktail of taxotere, perjeta, herceptin and zometa every three weeks and next Wednesday is last treatment day of this round. I am REALLY hoping for a clean PET scan after so I can break up with taxotere.
Tricia Keegan

Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:20 PM
Welcome Trish and the best advice I can give you is to check out www.her2support.org for advice and also to chat to others in your situation, but I hope you'll come back here to update us too when you can!
Carepage- survivortricia
TrishTheDish

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 55
Re:Stage iv?? This thread is for you! - Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:45 PM
Thank you Tricia. I will be around to see what others have going on and compare notes :-) I have learned some good "survival tips" from those who have already done this and I look forward to learning more.
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 6 of 13, messages 51 to 60 of 129

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message