Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Komen reunion!
Change Page: 12345678910.. > | Showing page 1 of 11, messages 1 to 10 of 107
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 7:19 PM
A big hello and welcome to friends and sista's past and present, many of us have been here a few years now and made many friends, some for life and although many of us have drifted off over the years I thought it would be great to meet up once again and say hi to the ladies that either helped us through cancer or perhaps, we helped through!:).......this is our thread and I'd have liked to arrange a possible one day or time we all could be here together but thats been impossible, so the next best thing was to begin this thread and I hope many of you will pop in and out and say hi to the many ladies I hope will post here. :).......I know many of you ladies that were here before me passed on so much knowledge I'm forever in your debt and I like to think I too pay it forward and look forward (God willing ) to my eight cancer-versary in the summer!!!:) .....Looking forward to seeing you all here again!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Deb/akaMimi

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 1020
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 7:36 PM
Hey Tricia!! I made it here with no trouble, and I love the idea you've proposed. Not sure about the smilies and stuff, but I'm with you in spirit. I sorely miss the sisters we've lost over the years, and count them in my heart, there are too many gone too soon, so if we survivors gather together in their honor, and bless them as they have blessed us with their stories and their lives, and as they look over us...we will find strength in each other. I know we are all in different phases and different times, but together we are one soul...
Deb Bourland Allen/aka Mimi 1st Dx 2003, 3 lumpectomies, 18 rds chemo, 36 rds rads; recurrence in 2007, bilat mast w/DIEP recon; MRSA in abd wound; shattered L (radiated) elbow, 5 surgeries, have seen the light, coded twice, still here, butterfly kisses on wings of angels w/fairy dust sprinkles to all, just want to add I miss those we have lost, and I'm experiencing some problems suddenly that have me frightened...but remember, I'm a Texas gal, and tougher than most
Deb/akaMimi

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 1020
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 7:38 PM
need to figure out how to update my profile, cuz I've been here way longer than 09/12...luv ya all <3
Deb Bourland Allen/aka Mimi 1st Dx 2003, 3 lumpectomies, 18 rds chemo, 36 rds rads; recurrence in 2007, bilat mast w/DIEP recon; MRSA in abd wound; shattered L (radiated) elbow, 5 surgeries, have seen the light, coded twice, still here, butterfly kisses on wings of angels w/fairy dust sprinkles to all, just want to add I miss those we have lost, and I'm experiencing some problems suddenly that have me frightened...but remember, I'm a Texas gal, and tougher than most
Cathy15087

• Total Posts : 691
  • Reward points : 5365
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 7:42 PM
Hi there - just checking in!  This was certainly a safe place in a storm!  Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Dx 2/1/07 IDC 9mm Stage 1 at age 49
Lumpectomy 2/21/07, SNB-4 nodes negative
ER/PR+, HER2-, Oncotype score 11
Mammosite radiation ended 3/05/07
Didn't tolerate Tamoxifen
oopherectomy 6/15/07
started Femara - 7/26/07
Finished Femara - July 2012!!!  YES!!!
ctGailco

• Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 350
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 8:20 PM
Hi everyone! Found you! I am very out of sorts with reading Laura's news but glad to be able to reconnect with you all here.
Lisa11388

• Total Posts : 425
  • Reward points : 5135
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 8:30 PM
Checking in for the reunion! Here I am 7 1/2 years after being diagnosed with TNBC. The Komen boards were a life saver for me after diagnosis. I remember Rena being one of the first ones to respond to my posts. It was such a comfort to see a long term TNBC survivor. I have been fortunate enough to meet several survivors from the midwest and beyond. One very positive thing to come from having breast cancer is the wonderful women I have met along the journey. {{{hugs}}} to all!
Lisa Long
Central Illinois
dx 8-29-05 age 43
mast & lat flap 9-30-05
triple neg brca neg
4.5 cm node neg
6 a/c followed by 5 taxol 10/05-3/06
28 rads 5/06-6/06
Currently NED
bezerk

• Total Posts : 764
  • Reward points : 11185
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 8:49 PM
Oh my....I am almost 4 years from my Bilateral Mastectomy and what can I say except, without you ladies in the beginning and even now...I could never have done this, not possible. I owe my life to the sisters I have here on this site. So hugs and love to you all...may we all date NED for years to come and if not, fight like a bitch. I do not come here like before, but I do check in here and there, I find it a safe place that gives me comfort. For those we have lost far too soon, I am gathering here to honor them...they are true fighters... I have to say I HATE CANCER!!! I hope for a cure....one day maybe we will not have to worry about Breast Cancer or other cancers, probably not in my lifetime, but one day I hope. I walk with NED right now, but am dealing with many side effects, long term ones from the treatments and falls etc..so be it...I love NED... HUGS to all! Thank YOU!! Tricia, thanks for this thread...
50 yrs, Rt breast lump found 4/12/09 during shower. 5/7/09 Organs, bones & head clean. 5/8/09Bilateral Mastectomy/ skin sparing surgery, implantation of skin expanders, removal 3 lymph nodes,one pos., tumors 1.5 cms x 0.8 cms & 0.8 cms x 1 cm, one tumor surprise, hidden. DX:Mixed Lobular and ductal adenoca. rt breast with badly defined borders.
Est. Pos. nuc. ( +/+++) Prog pos. nuc. intense ( +++/+++) Her2- non-amplified, KI-67 pos. less than 30%
Sue Furry

• Total Posts : 973
  • Reward points : 6435
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 9:15 PM
Holy crapola!  I am so pumped to get on this reunion thingy and finally able to reconnect with those that walked the walk with me and also connect with new walkers....

so looking forward to hanging out and just being part of Komen again!

Wow, I really need to fix my profile too as a lot has changed wow~~
<message edited by Sue Furry on Friday, April 05, 2013 9:36 PM>
South Bend, Indiana 
DCIS October 2005 at 45 years of age
Mastectomy/lat flap reconstruction January 2006
Tamoxifen (x6 months) discontinued due to vision loss
P!nk kisses xoxoxo

Sue from IN
Toni Soucie

• Total Posts : 1885
  • Reward points : 9845
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 9:26 PM
Tricia,

What a wonderful idea.   I came to Komen seven years ago after I completed treatment and it was a life saver for me. To know that there were wonderful women who knew the exact emotions I was feeling helped me over the the "lost my safety net" period after treatment.  I pop on here at least a few times a week to see what is going on.  The Boards were so much more active when I first came here and I do miss that.  I guess it it good sign that a lot of ladies have happily moved on.  It is, however, nice to see some of the "oldies" still here on a regular basis and I mean that in a loving way:)
Toni
LI NY
DCIS 10/05 
Surgery & 6 1/2 weeks of radiation 
Tamoxifen for 2 1/2 months and stopped
due to vision issues
Rose Cafe523

• Total Posts : 2653
  • Reward points : 6385
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 9:48 PM
I found Komen message boards the day I was told I had cancer, 5/23/2006.  I can't begin to say how much it meant to me and the tears that flowed reading the posts of support.  Many wonderful women I have met through these boards, a few in person but mostly here!!  It gave me strength and courage and felt like I met so many that understood all my fears and gave me encouragement!!!  This will always be a special place in my heart!!!
Reunion day would be great but also just good to connect with old friends!!  Love you all!!
Rose

Pink Impacts Forever
5-23-06 DCIS High Grade
Strong family history BC/OVCA
denied(lost appeals)out of network surgery
10-30-06 BM SICA left,DIEP right
Nodes Neg No chemo or rads 
Revisions along with LAVH/BSO/TVT 1-23-08
Biopsies x 3 10/20/08,neg
Bone scan 2/23/11 spot on R frontal and occiptal bone
PET/CT scan 3/4/11 negative
Change Page: 12345678910.. > | Showing page 1 of 11, messages 1 to 10 of 107