Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Komen reunion!
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 7 of 11, messages 61 to 70 of 107
DJ64

• Total Posts : 482
  • Reward points : 7635
Re:Komen reunion! - Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:04 PM
Thank you all for your kind condolences.  My Dad did pass away on Tuesday.  The pain he has suffered so long with is over.  I am thinking of all the positive things about his life and that is helping, along with re-reading the emails that I have kept.

Best to you all,

DJ
"Prepared for the worst, hope for the best and, live each day to the hilt"

Stage IV  lungs, lining, ribs, left scapula and left clavicle - Used all the hormonal drugs - tamoxifen, arimidex,  , Faslodex 250 mg,  femara, , drug break using own estrogen (progression in 7 months), rebooted femara (progression on next scan) Faslodex 500 mg ended 18 1/2 years on hormonal therapies - 2013,  Taxol - 2014 now on Doxil. 
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13515
Re:Komen reunion! - Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:18 PM
I'm so sorry DJ and hope in time the happy memories you shared will bring some comfort to you. (((((hugs))))
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Komen reunion! - Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:24 PM
DJ,
I do hope the emails bring you comfort and help you to recall warm and wonderful memories about time with your Dad ((((())))))
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Komen reunion! - Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:15 PM
So sorry DJ - I hope reading his emails and remembering the good times helps you in your grief.  I received a letter from my father a week or two after he passed which had been forwarded from my old address.  It was strange and comforting all at the same time.  

Hug
Elaine

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Susan

• Total Posts : 2839
  • Reward points : 7205
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 12, 2013 1:20 PM
Don't feel bad about the date Ruthie. Mine says I joined in 2005...WRONG. I was dx in March of 2007 and came here shortly afterwards. It is not something I can fix, or I would have by now...at least I don't think I can. Dancing bananas aren't working for me, nor the smileys, so I just have to do the "plain Jane" posts and replies. HUGS :)
Susan in TN
dx 3/05/07
IDC 3 cm.,10% DCIS/Stage IIB/T2/G2
6/9 + lymph nodes
ER+ 90%/ PR-/ HER2-
A/C,Taxotere
Simple rt. mast.
Arimidex 
Radiation
carepage:blackeyedsue
Tricia Keegan

Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 12, 2013 4:25 PM
Susan the smilies don't work with Firefox if you're using that (as I do!)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
Ilene

• Total Posts : 1854
  • Reward points : 6390
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 12, 2013 5:30 PM
My sympathies are with you, DJ.  As hard as it is to lose a loved one, to lose them at this time, while you're in the midst of your fight, must really test your faith and strength.

Sending you a cyber-hug.  He's watching over you!

(BTW, Tricia and Susan ... I don't know where to even FIND the faces, etc. anymore!)
Ilene
Cali
Diag 1/2006, DCIS-left, IDC-right, ER+/PR+, Node Neg, Stage 1
Bilat Mast 2/2006
6 Rnds Chemo (FAC)
Right then Left exp infect/removed
Right lat dorsi 10/2006
Left lat dorsi 1/2007
EXCHANGE 4/23/2007!
On Tamoxifen since 2007 (on 10-yr cycle)
Tricia Keegan

Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 12, 2013 5:55 PM
Ilene if you post via the short message box you can't see them, but if you click on reply you'll see an oblong box to your left with the smilies, if you're not usimg Firefox they should work for you!:)
<message edited by Tricia Keegan on Friday, April 12, 2013 5:57 PM>
Carepage- survivortricia
DJ64

• Total Posts : 482
  • Reward points : 7635
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 12, 2013 8:11 PM
Thank you all again.  I began my 2nd cycle of treatments.  The oncologist does believe that Taxol will knock those renegade cells out.  Since I haven't had chemo for 18 years, they should be totally confused and die off in wonder of what happen to their good food Estrogen Blockers.  My dry cough is gone so that is a good sign, the wheezing is still with me and I hope it takes a hike soon as it is annoying.  The Center took such nice care of me, gave me lunch offered it to my son too.  I go for the first treatment at the Cancer place that is an hour away and visit my oncologist at the same time.  The next 3 will be at my local center which is smaller and I know all the people.

My blood rebounded, only a few places were low or high.  WBC in the normal range a far cry from where it was several weeks ago.  It's a the bottom of normal but still normal.  The RBC were still low but in better shape that what it was.  I was very happy with it all.

Thanks for being here for me.  

DJ

Snowing here where I live, I hope it's the last we see of this white stuff until next winter.  How I hate it.
"Prepared for the worst, hope for the best and, live each day to the hilt"

Stage IV  lungs, lining, ribs, left scapula and left clavicle - Used all the hormonal drugs - tamoxifen, arimidex,  , Faslodex 250 mg,  femara, , drug break using own estrogen (progression in 7 months), rebooted femara (progression on next scan) Faslodex 500 mg ended 18 1/2 years on hormonal therapies - 2013,  Taxol - 2014 now on Doxil. 
Tricia Keegan

Re:Komen reunion! - Saturday, April 13, 2013 8:46 AM
DJ I've been wondering how you were so thanks for the update and its good news so far and I really hope that continue's and Taxol gives you a great response, I always got offered my dinner at my hospital too but felt too queasy to eat it.
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 7 of 11, messages 61 to 70 of 107

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages