Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 A warm welcome to all our male survivors and patients!
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
A warm welcome to all our male survivors and patients! - Friday, July 19, 2013 4:46 PM
Its a sad fact that there are very few support forums out there for men diagnosed with a breastcancer, I do believe in many ways its a far tougher journey because of this and also the outdated thinking that men can't get breastcancer!

Sadly this is untrue and we hope our male counterparts will find this forum a haven of support, info and advice so please feel free to post your own thread and say hi and there are many long term survivors here to give support and also others facing a similar dx, welcome to the Komen support forum for men with breastcancer. 
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
PrincessKaitieLynn

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 50
Re:A warm welcome to all our male survivors and patients! - Friday, April 17, 2015 1:25 PM
What may help men most of all is if this foundation stops treating them as second-class b/c they are not women. I have seen more than a handful of events in the news where male survivors were DENIED the respect of women survivors- they were NOT allowed to take part in survivor activities and respected and honored as women survivors were. For an organization that is supposed to be about cancer, it's awfully discriminatory for ridiculous reasons against some survivors and some people afflicted with BC. THAT MUST CHANGE!
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:A warm welcome to all our male survivors and patients! - Friday, April 17, 2015 3:25 PM
I can't help or comment on that as this is soley a support board for patients and survivors but hope you'll direct your comment to komen@forums.org 
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message