Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Chronicles of Hope
Komen Admin

• Total Posts : 892
  • Reward points : 13455
Chronicles of Hope - Monday, August 19, 2013 10:29 AM
The Chronicles of Hope are the real life stories of those helped by Susan G. Komen's commitment to the care, research and understanding of breast cancer. These are their - and our - stories. Please click the links below to read these stories about women living with metastatic breast cancer. 

The Chronicles of Hope Series are powerful stories of survivorship. Susan G. Komen® is proud to have sponsored research that touched each of these women's lives.  
<message edited by Komen Admin on Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:06 PM>
DJ64

• Total Posts : 482
  • Reward points : 7635
Re:Chronicles of Hope - Saturday, January 25, 2014 1:06 PM
I am in my 19 1/2 year of living with ER positive cancer which has metastasize to my lungs, pleura and ribs.  Women who do have that kind of cancer live longer than those who don't, that is a given.  Rita Arditti from Cambridge lived 30 year with her ER+ cancer.  Eventually the hormonal therapy stops working and then it's on to chemotherapy that buys time..

I think you are doing better funding research for metastasis lately.  I read several places that Komen had given grant money.  The only way to "beat breast cancer" is to figure out how to stop the metastasis.  All the other stuff is garnish to fool those who don't know better.

PS:  I didn't read your stories of women with ER or PR positive cancer that have lived many years with metastasis.  I am familiar with the story.
"Prepared for the worst, hope for the best and, live each day to the hilt"

Stage IV  lungs, lining, ribs, left scapula and left clavicle - Used all the hormonal drugs - tamoxifen, arimidex,  , Faslodex 250 mg,  femara, , drug break using own estrogen (progression in 7 months), rebooted femara (progression on next scan) Faslodex 500 mg ended 18 1/2 years on hormonal therapies - 2013,  Taxol - 2014 now on Doxil. 
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13515
Re:Chronicles of Hope - Saturday, January 25, 2014 7:40 PM
I agree DJ and glad to see lately a lot of research into targeted therapy (as we all know, no one size fits all) and to stop stage iv we need to research why and how some women progress and others don't and I really think that is being researched now than in earlier years.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
DJ64

• Total Posts : 482
  • Reward points : 7635
Re:Chronicles of Hope - Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:07 PM
Thanks Tricia. 
"Prepared for the worst, hope for the best and, live each day to the hilt"

Stage IV  lungs, lining, ribs, left scapula and left clavicle - Used all the hormonal drugs - tamoxifen, arimidex,  , Faslodex 250 mg,  femara, , drug break using own estrogen (progression in 7 months), rebooted femara (progression on next scan) Faslodex 500 mg ended 18 1/2 years on hormonal therapies - 2013,  Taxol - 2014 now on Doxil. 

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll