The hard part is over!!!

Strout
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 1110
The hard part is over!!! - Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:10 PM
Well it has been a crazy eight months but I feel like I've gotten over the hump. After 2 surgeries, chemo, radiation and now onto the tamoxifen, I finally feel like a weight is off my shoulders. I know the doctor said not to use the word "cured" but at least I can say my treatment is complete! 

I'd just like to tell everyone out there in this fight, to hang in there. I firmly believe that attitude has been everything through this journey and it has given me a new appreciation for life.  And there are just no words about how incredibly supportive my family has been...especially my husband. I can only hope that others out there are lucky enough to have a similar support system! I pray to God every day to thank him for my blessings.

To those of you just starting this process, BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!! Even though I don't know you all, I will continue to include you in prayers.

Shelley
Age 42
Stage 1 Invasive Ductal Adenocarcinoma
Diagnosed 3/1/2013
Lumpectomy 3/5/2013
Re-excision 3/12/2013
ER + PR+ HER2(-)

Rena
  • Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:The hard part is over!!! - Tuesday, October 15, 2013 10:02 PM
Hi Shelley! That's wonderful news, and you have every reason to celebrate getting through those tough eight months! How wonderful that your husband is so loving and such a great supporter. That makes a lot of difference. I hope that as the months and years go by, you never lose that great attitude and optimism that you have. As for whether or not we can ever use the word "cure," it's just a word. It's the living every day that counts! All my best to you. 
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:The hard part is over!!! - Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:24 AM
Hi Shelley,

The worst is indeed over and you can now look forward to the rest of your life, huge congrats on your achievement!!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

ElaineQW
  • Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:The hard part is over!!! - Wednesday, October 16, 2013 7:41 AM

Hug
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness