Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 concern about a friend's stories
winn

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 70
concern about a friend's stories - Saturday, February 08, 2014 9:13 AM
a year and a half ago a friend of mine became kind of famous for getting cancer. Soon after a famous TV personality released a tape of a comedy set she did where she told an audience of her diagnosis. She began making a lot of money and getting a ton of press. I was happy for her, but soon after I started to notice that she couldn't keep her stories straight. At first, I thought that she was so traumatized that her memory was impaired. Recently, I read a post by someone who seems to despise her, and in it, I saw that my friend was telling a reporter she had radiotherapy, when she told me she was fine just with natural remedies. She told another reporter that she was put on hormone blockers right after a double mastectomy. She never told me this though a few months back she told me she has to start on them. She never offers any detail other than she had cancer and a mastectomy. I don't feel comfortable confronting since I make my living in the comedy world...I never had cancer but I imagine I'd know my treatment if i did. This is freaking me out, and I'd like to hear what you guys think.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll