Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Knitted Knockers!
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13465
Knitted Knockers! - Thursday, March 27, 2014 3:22 PM
I am part of a group on FB called Knitted Knockers Knitting Circle for Mastectomy Patients. We knit and crochet cotton yarn prosthetics stuffed with fiberfill for Mastectomy Patients. One pair is free to each mastectomy patient. We are just trying to get the word out that they are available. The website is http://knittedknockersfacebookgroup.yolasite.com/ and people can request them by ordering them via email. Send "NEED KNOCKERS" to stevegpickering@gmail.com with your name, address, and cup size, single or set. (The "g" between steve & pickering in the email address is important because without it, it goes to a guy in Japan and not us.) I just want to share this with everyone on the message boards for those that are interested. I know I hating wearing my prosthesis before my reconstruction. These are not as heavy and the cotton yarn is more substantial than the foam eggs that many of us get post mastectomy. This is also not for just the US. We are across the US, Canada, and there is a group in the UK, and any of us can send them internationally. Cathy
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
chelmsing

• Total Posts : 111
  • Reward points : 5760
Re:Knitted Knockers! - Friday, March 28, 2014 1:45 PM
Thank you for posting Tricia! This is a group of people who crochet and knit that want to help out mastectomy patients.
dx 10/28/10, 11/11/10 lumpectomy, 11/24/10 re-excision of margins, 1/17/11 mastectomy
er+/pr+, 2.4 cm tumor & DCIS
2/14/11 4x dose dense AC followed by 4x Taxol
No rads
7/22/11 DIEP reconstruction for right breast

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages