Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Changing Insurance
Kootiebear

• Total Posts : 29
  • Reward points : 995
Changing Insurance - Wednesday, July 22, 2015 5:51 PM
My husband got a job with the state and the insurance is much better than the one we have through my employer. We are dealing with the red tape of switching and I am stressing out. My hubby has done a wonderful job of asking about pre existing conditions with his HR person and the insurance company itself. He was told his new employer would not exclude me. Coincidentally it is the same insurance company even with his employer just a much better plan. We are confused as to when to cancel the insurance with my work. We already have the new insurance cards and his insurance is in effect. We have been giving a copy of the new card to all the doctors that are treating me and we checked that they are still covered under his new plan. What happens to all the bills still coming under the old plan once we cancel the coverage?
Carrie Annual mammogram on 4/29/15 Follow up mammogram 5/1/15 Biopsy 5/11/15 DCIS Right Breast Diagnosis 5/14/15 Breast MRI 5/18/15 Lumpectomy partial mastectomy on 6/4/15. 16 treatments of Radiation Therapy. Tamoxifen Medication therapy started 8/31/15 for 5 years. Genetic testing showed I do not have the BRCA gene. My sister is a breast cancer survivor for 10 years.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll