Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Award winning Breast Cancer Documentary
euzigilo

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 50
Award winning Breast Cancer Documentary - Thursday, August 13, 2015 10:46 AM
My mother is a breast cancer survivor, she had a breast removed in 2001 and has been cancer free ever since, she was lucky. She had a 6cm tumor that went undetected for years.

When I was at the Rhode Island International Film Festival last weekend, I notice a movie called Happygram was playing, after checkout out the website

http://www.happygramthemovie.com/

I was interested to see that it was a movie about breast cancer. Since it has been an issue that has personally touched my life, we decided to go and see it. I couldn't believe the information in the movie, there is so much to the issue of breast cancer that I had never even imagined.

This film is on the film festival circuit right now, and appears to be playing this weekend in Washougal Washington, if you are from the area or know of people in the area and can get out and see it, I would highly recommend seeing the film!

Thanks,

Doug
karey

• Total Posts : 557
  • Reward points : 11690
Re:Award winning Breast Cancer Documentary - Friday, August 14, 2015 1:49 PM
I went to the website and I guess I would like to put another spin on this as a breast cancer survivor as well. It is entirely possible that due to dense breast tissue, my tumor may have been initially missed. What I do know is I did not go in to have a mammogram that day because I had found a lump. I went in because it had been well over a year since I'd had one and I knew I needed to get it done. That was nearly eight years ago and I can't help but think that if I had not gone in for a routine mammogram I might not be here today. I would never, NEVER suggest that a woman not go in for a mammogram. Never. Why? Because as far as I am concerned, it may have very well saved my life. I had zero indication that this killer was lurking in me and in fact, I'd had a breast exam just a couple of months before and my female doctor had not detected it either. Almost exactly two years after my diagnosis, a radiologist detected micro-calcifications in my other breast. Thankfully, they were benign but the mammogram picking up something so small, strengthened my belief that every woman should get regular mammograms.
Kathy
Diagnosed at age 47
DX: 12/13/07 IDC Stage IIa Grade 3 3.5 cm TN
Lumpectomy 1/30/08 SNB neg
Chemo-2/29/08: 4 A/C 4 Taxol-Done 6/6/08! NED!
33 Rads 7/7/08-8/20/08 Done!
12/10/09 Now Ruptured Brain Aneurysm Survivor!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll