Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
Can they send you collections if you are paying monthly?
Kootiebear

• Total Posts : 29
  • Reward points : 995
Can they send you collections if you are paying monthly? - Saturday, October 03, 2015 12:49 PM

Radiology Ltd is our biggest bill due to the biopsy and breast MRI being at the beginning of treatment before we met our insurance deductible. 

We have been paying what we can each month. We also have bills for surgery, the two pathology reports (biopsy and surgery), plus the bill for genetic testing.

I received a call yesterday from Radiology Ltd saying we are not meeting their minimun payment requirements and want to turn us over to collections.  We have never signed a paynent agreement with them and this is the first I have heard about their being a problem.  
They are trying to force us to agree to an amount we cannot afford because they want it paid in 4 months.

Needless to say I am stressing about this 
Carrie Annual mammogram on 4/29/15 Follow up mammogram 5/1/15 Biopsy 5/11/15 DCIS Right Breast Diagnosis 5/14/15 Breast MRI 5/18/15 Lumpectomy partial mastectomy on 6/4/15. 16 treatments of Radiation Therapy. Tamoxifen Medication therapy started 8/31/15 for 5 years. Genetic testing showed I do not have the BRCA gene. My sister is a breast cancer survivor for 10 years.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll