Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Do you over react and think you see or feel something?
Kootiebear

• Total Posts : 29
  • Reward points : 995
Do you over react and think you see or feel something? - Monday, October 12, 2015 6:30 PM
I've heard the question over and over since I was diagnosed. How did they find it? Did you feel a lump? Did you feel any pain? I was diagnosed with DCIS in May of this year. What the radiologist saw was the size of a grain of sand. I felt no lump, no pain, nothing. It was discovered during my annual mammogram. I have since had surgery, radiation and I am now on Tamoxifen. I woke up in the middle of the night last night thinking I felt something. Sent me into a panic attack. In the morning I couldn't find what I thought I felt during the night. Then I started staring at my breast and thinking one nipple looked really dark. I asked my husband to check as well. I had to remind myself I just had a follow up with the radiation oncologist and she did an exam. I am also on medication to prevent recurrence. Does anyone else go through this?
Carrie Annual mammogram on 4/29/15 Follow up mammogram 5/1/15 Biopsy 5/11/15 DCIS Right Breast Diagnosis 5/14/15 Breast MRI 5/18/15 Lumpectomy partial mastectomy on 6/4/15. 16 treatments of Radiation Therapy. Tamoxifen Medication therapy started 8/31/15 for 5 years. Genetic testing showed I do not have the BRCA gene. My sister is a breast cancer survivor for 10 years.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll