Ten Year Survival Date

Skye
  • Total Posts : 859
  • Reward points : 11060
Ten Year Survival Date - Monday, August 08, 2016 5:19 PM
When I was first diagnosed with breast cancer, I didn't know where to turn.  I felt lost and confused, and I had very little support from friends.  I was thankful to find this site.  This board was my "go-to" site for information and friendship.  I credit the women I met here with helping me to survive with sanity.  Now, here I am, ten years later, coming back to tell anyone who sees this that there is hope.  

Today is my official ten year "cancerversary." Ten years since I got a phone call that completely blindsided me. Ten years since a doctor told me I had a 60% chance of surviving. Ten years since I looked at my three year old son and imagined him growing up without his mom. Now, ten years later, I'm still here. That three year old little boy is now thirteen, and I'm thankful to have been here for every moment. Ten years of being a survivor.

Mid-Michigan; Diagnosed by first mammogram Aug 2006 at age 41; Bilateral Mastectomy 9-27-06; IDC, Stage II, Grade III; Numerous areas of DCIS; lymph Nodes negative; Chemo: (CAF) 11/06-2/07; Arimidex and Lupron, 2007-2012. 

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Ten Year Survival Date - Tuesday, August 09, 2016 2:06 PM
Hi Karen,

I'm delighted to share your good news and say many congrats on your survivorship!!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

nuzzysnana
  • Total Posts : 31
  • Reward points : 2745
Re:Ten Year Survival Date - Tuesday, August 09, 2016 11:03 PM
I remember you. Glad you're still with us. I'm in my 11th year and counting. Best wishes.
Diagnosed in 2005 at age 69 Two Centimeter IDC, Stage 1, Grade 3, Lumpectomy, Dose dense chemo, radiation. No family history. Tested positive for BRCA2 in 2007 Who knew?