Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ten Year Survival Date
Skye

• Total Posts : 859
  • Reward points : 11060
Ten Year Survival Date - Monday, August 08, 2016 5:19 PM
When I was first diagnosed with breast cancer, I didn't know where to turn.  I felt lost and confused, and I had very little support from friends.  I was thankful to find this site.  This board was my "go-to" site for information and friendship.  I credit the women I met here with helping me to survive with sanity.  Now, here I am, ten years later, coming back to tell anyone who sees this that there is hope.  

Today is my official ten year "cancerversary." Ten years since I got a phone call that completely blindsided me. Ten years since a doctor told me I had a 60% chance of surviving. Ten years since I looked at my three year old son and imagined him growing up without his mom. Now, ten years later, I'm still here. That three year old little boy is now thirteen, and I'm thankful to have been here for every moment. Ten years of being a survivor.

Mid-Michigan; Diagnosed by first mammogram Aug 2006 at age 41; Bilateral Mastectomy 9-27-06; IDC, Stage II, Grade III; Numerous areas of DCIS; lymph Nodes negative; Chemo: (CAF) 11/06-2/07; Arimidex and Lupron, 2007-2012. 

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll