Insurance denied biopsy after mass found thru mammogram

Kolchak
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 95
Insurance denied biopsy after mass found thru mammogram - Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:27 PM
My wife went in for a mammogram and they couldn't get a good picture so they secluded another and found a small mass. To get a better picture they took an MRI. They scheduled a mammogram assisted biopsy and with the MRI pictures could not find the mass so they scheduled MRI assisted biopsy. When she showed up they turned her away because insurance wouldn't cover it. My question is why would they deny her and does this happen often?

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Insurance denied biopsy after mass found thru mammogram - Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:46 PM
I'm really sorry and wish I could help but quite often you can appeal these decisions so that may help, especially with a letter from your wife's Dr stating why she needs this. I'd also suggest calling your local komen office who may be able to advise you more. If you're on Facebook look for our closed group Komen breast cancer support and I can add you there which is far busier than here so I'm sure you'd get a lot more replies.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

Kolchak
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 95
Re:Insurance denied biopsy after mass found thru mammogram - Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:59 PM
I'm not a big Facebook user could you please send a link to the group?

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Insurance denied biopsy after mass found thru mammogram - Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:08 PM
Hi, if the link doesn't load just copy and paste into your browser to find us https://www.facebook.com/groups/1588741974737166/
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia