Breast Cancer & Treatments

Anon1
  • Total Posts : 9245
  • Reward points : 0
Breast Cancer & Treatments - Tuesday, August 05, 2003 1:51 PM
I have several thoughts:
1. It seems a lot of money from the public and research grants are given in the fight against breast cancer but the only possible cause that has been given is that "some" women have a genetic factor. Why is breast cancer so prevelant in the 20th and 21st century? There has to be a common link, whether it is enviornmental, birth control pills or diet.
2. In my opinion, it is criminal that American born women with breast cancer are subjected to the fact of bankruptcy, loss of home and denial of treatment for those without medical insurance BUT the American public is financing health care for illegal aliens. I know this for a fact through my n previous employment for many years in the health field.
3. Why should American women keep fighting for a cure for breast cancer when if they contract breast cancer and cannot afford treatment they not only will possibly loose their life but will definitely loose their home and any savings to pay for treatment if they do not have health insurance. Something is wrong in this country when your value is equal to what health insurance you have. I realize my opinions are not politically pleasing but they are based on reality which is not always pleasant.

Kathy D.
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: Breast Cancer & Treatments - Monday, August 11, 2003 2:04 PM
Rosemarie writes: "Something is wrong in this country when your value is equal to what health insurance you have" to which I can only add AMEN! I tried to help my mom in her struggle with breast cancer and financial concerns until the cancer took her life. While going through her papers, I found a brochure about mastectomy and reconstruction dated approx 1 year prior to her surgery. It breaks my heart to think she waited to take action and didn't say anthing...Probably due to money/insurance worries.

Anon1
  • Total Posts : 9245
Re: Breast Cancer & Treatments - Wednesday, August 06, 2003 2:46 PM
Dear Rosemarie,
Unpopular as your comments may be to some, you are telling the truth, and it is NOT only in the case of breast cancer. I have major issues with prescription drug coverage (or lack of) for seniors...I had very good coverage until age 65 when my husband's utility company took it away at the time we went on medicare.........I made the decision a year ago to purchase from Canada....now, there is already one drug company who has refused to sell to a Canadian pharmacy IF it is to be sold to a U. S. citizen~~~! Major contributors to this drug coverage dilema are the insurance companies! (ask a pharmacist!) The "attempts" at providing fair coverage for our seniors is a farce! We need to be MORE vocal on all of these issues, and especially on the one you have written about......I spend a lot of my time contacting Senators, Rep., etc. as an active member in SOAR (steelworkers of America retirees-my husband's union) fighting for all of these issues that we all know need attention.Thank you for speaking out.....God Bless - & keep right on educating us....more of us should have long ago! Diana

Riyasharma
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 55
Re: Breast Cancer & Treatments - Friday, June 17, 2016 5:48 AM
Breast cancer treatment is done by now several advance techniques. Treatment for breast implant cancer is Surgery Radiotherapy Chemotherapy Hormone therapy Biological therapy Now more about breast cancer reasons, causes, symptoms and process at Marmm Klinik In Indore, India.